The application period for the White House Internship Program is now open. The application deadline for the Fall 2014 program is April 13, 2014.
All application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted on or before the application deadline.
Please read all of the following instructions and see Internship Timeline and FAQs before starting your application.
Am I eligible to apply for a White House Internship?
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution)
- Graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the first day of the internship
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty, for any length of time, in the two years preceding the first day of the internship
Am I available for the White House Internship Program?
All White House Interns are expected to intern full-time for the entire term of the program.
- The White House Internship Program is an unpaid program
- Interns will be expected to work from approximately 9:00 AM-6:00 PM, Monday-Friday
- Hours may vary by office
- Please see Internship Timeline and FAQs for questions regarding the definition of "full-time"
Do I have all my application materials?
A completed packet includes:
- Two Essays: Each answer should be between 300-500 words in length
- Current Resume: Your resume should not exceed one page
- Two Letters of Recommendation
How do I submit my application correctly?
- All application materials must be submitted online.
- All application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted on or before the application deadline.