One of the major duties of the White House Council on Environmental Quality is to develop and recommend to the President national policies to foster and promote the improvement of environmental quality to meet the conservation, social, economic, health, and other requirements and goals of the Nation.
Through interagency working groups and coordination with agencies and other White House offices, CEQ works to advance the President's agenda. It also balances competing positions, and encourages government-wide coordination, bringing federal agencies, state and local governments, and others together on matters relating to the environment, natural resources and energy.
Please view our current initiatives:
- Federal Sustainability
- America's Great Outdoors Initiative
- National Ocean Council
- Recovery Through Retrofit
- Commitment to Clean Water
- Interagency Rapid Response Team for Transmission
- Climate Change Adaptation Task Force
- Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration
- Updated Principles and Guidelines for Water and Land Related Resources Implementation Studies (P&G)
- Interagency Carbon Capture and Storage Task Force