The Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) has responsibility, in partnership with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), for advising the President on the Federal Research and Development (R&D) budget and shaping R&D priorities across those Federal agencies that have significant portfolios in science and technology. OSTP also has responsibility—with the help of the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC), which is administered out of OSTP—for coordinating interagency research initiatives. It is OSTP’s mission to help develop and implement sound science and technology policies and budgets that reflect Administration priorities and make coordinated progress toward important national policy goals.
2015 R&D Budget
- Research Infrastructure in the President's 2015 Budget (pdf)
- National Information Technology Reseearch & Development (NITRD) Program: Supplement to the President's FY 2015 Budget (pdf)
- National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI): Supplement to the President's FY 2015 Budget (pdf)
- Progress Report on Coordinating Federal STEM Education (pdf)
March 4, 2014: OSTP is pleased to release the following information on the science, technology, innovation, and STEM education components of the President's FY 2015 Budget.
- Fact Sheet: The 2015 Budget: Science, Technology, and Innovation for Opportunity and Growth (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: Understanding and Responding to Global Climate Change (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: Preparing Americans with STEM Skills (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: Obama Administration Proposes Doubling Support for The BRAIN Initiative (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: Investing in American Innovation (link)
- Fact Sheet: Building a Clean Energy Economy, Improving Energy Security, and Taking Action on Climate Change (link)
July 26, 2013: