Rural Council Members
The White House Rural Council is a convening body comprised of federal agencies, in collaboration with the Executive Office of the President. The Council will connect with and draw upon the expertise of farmers, ranchers, and local citizens to help inform and carry out its work.
- The Secretary of Agriculture (who serves as the Chair of the Council)
- The Department of the Treasury
- The Department of Defense
- The Department of Justice
- The Department of the Interior
- The Department of Commerce
- The Department of Labor
- The Department of Health and Human Services
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development
- The Department of Transportation
- The Department of Energy
- The Department of Education
- The Department of Veterans Affairs
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Environmental Protection Agency
- The Federal Communications Commission
- Delta Regional Authority*
- Appalachian Regional Commission*
- Corporation for National and Community Service*
- The Office of Management and Budget
- The Office of Science and Technology Policy
- The Office of National Drug Control Policy
- The Council of Economic Advisers
- The Domestic Policy Council
- The National Economic Council
- The Small Business Administration
- The Council on Environmental Quality
- The White House Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs
- The White House Office of Cabinet Affairs
*and such other executive branch departments, agencies, and offices as the President or the Secretary of Agriculture may, from time to time, designate.
Related Blog Posts
- June 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM EDT
All families have a right to have access to a good education system, affordable healthcare and jobs. Our rural families are concerned about creating strong prospects for their children, whether it is on or off the farm. But it is also essential that there are opportunities that will attract young people back to rural areas and help us secure the future of agriculture.
- June 16, 2014 at 4:56 PM EDT
June is Pride Month, National Homeownership Month: USDA Brings Homeownership Assistance to Rural LGBT Communities
June is also National Homeownership Month, and the theme is “Own Your Future. Own Your Home.” With concurrent Pride and Homeownership Month observances, it’s a great time to raise awareness among LGBT communities about USDA home mortgage and home repair programs that can help rural residents own their future.
- June 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM EDT
Local Food, Local Places: A Federal Partnership to Help Rural America Use Local Food and Build Local Economies
Local Food, Local Places is a new federal initiative providing direct technical support to rural communities to help them build strong local food systems as part of their community’s economic action plans.