Rural Council Members
The White House Rural Council is a convening body comprised of federal agencies, in collaboration with the Executive Office of the President. The Council will connect with and draw upon the expertise of farmers, ranchers, and local citizens to help inform and carry out its work.
- The Secretary of Agriculture (who serves as the Chair of the Council)
- The Department of the Treasury
- The Department of Defense
- The Department of Justice
- The Department of the Interior
- The Department of Commerce
- The Department of Labor
- The Department of Health and Human Services
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development
- The Department of Transportation
- The Department of Energy
- The Department of Education
- The Department of Veterans Affairs
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Environmental Protection Agency
- The Federal Communications Commission
- Mississippi Delta Regional Authority*
- Appalachian Regional Commission*
- Corporation for National and Community Service*
- The Office of Management and Budget
- The Office of Science and Technology Policy
- The Office of National Drug Control Policy
- The Council of Economic Advisers
- The Domestic Policy Council
- The National Economic Council
- The Small Business Administration
- The Council on Environmental Quality
- The White House Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs
- The White House Office of Cabinet Affairs
*and such other executive branch departments, agencies, and offices as the President or the Secretary of Agriculture may, from time to time, designate.
Related Blog Posts
- May 6, 2013 at 9:24 AM EDT
Last week, hundreds of innovators gathered at the World Bank IFC Center to brainstorm about how Open Data can be harnessed to help meet the challenge of sustainably feeding nine billion people by 2050, as part of the first-of-its-kind G-8 International Conference on Open Data for Agriculture.
- September 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM EDT
The U.S. Department of Agriculture challenges you to design innovative apps to connect farmers, ranchers, and others with the latest information on drought conditions and Federal drought relief resources.
- September 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM EDT
On Thursday, September 6th, Doug McKalip, Senior Policy Advisor for Rural Affairs attended the grand opening of Dillon Middle School in Dillon, South Carolina.