Images and Recap from Philly
Posted byon March 02, 2009 at 05:59 PM EDT
The Middle Class Task Force came to Philadelphia with a clear mission -- figure out how to make sure that our recovery from the current economic crisis benefits the middle class.
Over the course of the Task Force's first meeting last Friday -- which we liveblogged, every step of the way -- we heard architects talk about how to build green jobs while building green buildings, labor leaders talk about how to make sure green jobs are good jobs, and policy experts talk about how to make sure Washington focuses on green jobs.
You can read the Task Force's first full report (pdf), detailing how Green Jobs can serve as a pathway to a strong middle class, or view images from the slideshow below.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy