Viewing this video requires Adobe Flash Player 8 or higher. Download
the free player.
Today, Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan issued a video announcement
encouraging students to respond to the President's call to take responsibility for their education. Students aged 13 or older are invited to create videos up to 2 minutes long, describing the role education will play in achieving their dreams, and the goals they will set for themselves to get there. The top three videos will each win a $1,000 prize, issued by the US Department of Education. Students can submit videos until November 2. There are no style restrictions - so be creative!
- The contest rules are as follows:
- Video must be 2 minutes or less in length
- Each video must be submitted by an active student, age 13 and older
- Contestants chosen as finalists will be contacted through their YouTube account and must respond within 7 business days to confirm eligibility
- Students under the age of 18 must submit a parental consent form
- The Department of Education's website (www.ED.gov/IAmWhatILearn) must be featured in the video
- The video must be unique in content
- The video must convey the importance of education as well as the student’s individual academic goals
Liz Utrup is Special Assistant for Communications at the Department of Education