Inside The Federal Centers for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
Over the next few weeks, I’d like to introduce you to some folks whose work is key to facilitating faith-based and neighborhood partnerships with the Federal Government. These individuals serve as Directors of Centers for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships within various Federal agencies. From the work that is being done to address hunger with local groups by Max Finberg at the Department of Agriculture Center, to efforts by Rev. E. Terri LaVelle to reduce homelessness among veterans as the Director at the Veterans Affairs Center, these introductions will provide a snapshot of how the White House is working with Federal agencies to empower local organizations.
As important as these Federal Centers are to the work of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, relatively few people know about the work of the Centers or how they interact with our office. Here are a few facts about these offices:
- Centers are located within 11 Federal agencies, along with a strategic advisor at the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- The White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships serves in a coordinating role for each Center. Each Center is led by a Director who works within the Department as well as with the White House.
- Each Center works to connect its Federal agency to local faith-based and neighborhood organizations.
- These Centers are close partners on the four policy goals of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships as well as on agency-specific priorities, like disaster response and after-school programming.
This structure is unique, and enables our Office to collaborate better across government, as well as with community groups throughout the country.
In the coming weeks, we will be highlighting our Centers and the fantastic work they are doing throughout the Federal Government. You can connect with these Center Directors on our website.
Joshua Dubois is the Director of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy