Streaming All Morning: White House Conference on America's Great Outdoors
09:10 AM EST
Ed. Note: Bumped to the top of the blog.
All morning the White House and Department of the Interior will be hosting the America’s Great Outdoors Conference, addressing the challenges, opportunities and innovations surrounding modern-day land conservation and the importance of reconnecting Americans and American families to the outdoors.
The conference will feature remarks from President Obama, CEQ Chair Nancy Sutley, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar, Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack, and EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson.
9:00 AM – Opening Remarks
- Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar
- Council on Environmental Quality Chair Nancy Sutley
- Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
- Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson
10:10 AM - Remarks by President Obama
11:15 AM – Panel Discussion: Conserving working lands for the benefit of all Americans
- Secretary Tom Vilsack, Moderator: A conversation about innovative partnerships that conserves and restore working lands to benefit landowners, water resources, and both rural and urban communities and that create opportunities for Americans to reconnect with farms, ranches, and working forests.
12:30 PM: Panel Discussion: Connecting people to our lands, water and wildlife
- Secretary Ken Salazar, Moderator: A discussion about locally-driven strategies and partnerships to conserve our public lands, historic and cultural places, wildlife habitat, and urban parks and about how to connect the next generation with the outdoors.
1:30 PM – Closing Remarks by Secretary Salazar