Our Top Stories
What You Missed: Open For Questions on Energy and Climate Legislation
09:51 AM EDT
Yesterday, Deputy Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change Heather Zichal hosted a live chat to take questions from the public on energy and climate legislation. Earlier in the day, President Obama met with a bipartisan group of Senators in the Cabinet room to discuss the importance of passing comprehensive energy and climate legislation this year.
- Opening remarks
- Is the President committed to a bill that includes a tax on carbon emissions?
- Is the Administration considering carbon fees and rebates in addition to cap and tax models?
- What is clean energy?
- How will we make the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy?
- What about nuclear energy?
- What is the Administration doing to promote geo-thermal energy?
- How will the transition to SMART grid create jobs and benefit consumers?
- Why hasn’t the HOMESTAR bill passed?
- How much will cap and trade cost taxpayers?
- Can we put out of work oil rig workers to work on clean energy initiatives?
- What about a national investment bank to fund clean energy projects?
- How will workers get trained for the clean jobs of the future?
- Why haven’t the solar panels been reinstalled at the White House?