U.S., China Science and Tech Leaders Convene on Innovation
OSTP Director John P. Holdren today led a meeting with government leaders from the United States and the People’s Republic of China—including Mr. Wan Gang, China’s Minister of Science and Technology—to discuss a range of issues relating to the advancement of innovation. The meeting, held at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, marked the launch of an “innovation dialogue” as agreed to at the U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue that took place in Beijing in May. It also set the stage for future high- and expert-level discussions on innovation policies.
Dr. Holdren was joined by Robert Hormats, Under Secretary of State; Demetrios Marantis, Deputy U.S. Trade Representative; Marisa Lago, Assistant Secretary at the Department of Treasury, Kerri-Ann Jones, Assistant Secretary of State; Steve Jacobs, Acting Assistant Secretary at the Department of Commerce; and representatives of U.S. science agencies.
Minister Wan was joined by Ministry of Science and Technology officials and the Washington-based representatives of China’s National Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Finance, and the Embassy.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy