Tuesday Talks: Health Care Reform Implementation with Nancy-Ann DeParle
04:58 PM EST
[UPDATE: This event has now concluded.]
Ed. Note: The Department of Health and Human Services issued a new rule called the “medical loss ratio” rule that will require health insurance companies to spend 80 to 85 percent of your health care insurance premiums on making you healthier instead of overhead costs like advertising or executive compensation. Nancy-Ann DeParle took some time to explain the new rule and why it’s so important in this video.
Nancy-Ann DeParle, Director of the White House Office of Health Reform, is answering your questions on health reform implementation in a live video chat for Tuesday Talks. In March 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law — the Act gives you better health security by putting in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that hold insurance companies accountable, lower health care costs, guarantee more choice, and enhance the quality of care for all Americans.
Join us for a talk with Nancy-Ann DeParle on Tuesday, November 23rd at 2:15 p.m. EST.
Here's how you can participate:
- Ask your questions in advance on WhiteHouse.gov
- Ask your questions in advance on Facebook
- Join the discussion live through the White House Facebook application
- Watch the chat through WhiteHouse.gov/live
Visit WhiteHouse.gov/healthreform to learn more about health care reform.
Watch what you missed in previous Tuesday Talks:
- Tuesday Talk with The National Medals Laureates of Science, Technology and Innovation
- Tuesday Talk on Veterans Day with Tammy Duckworth
- Tuesday Talk on the President’s Trip to Asia
- Tuesday Talk with David Axelrod
- Tuesday Talk with Austan Goolsbee
- Tuesday Talk with The President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities
- Tuesday Talk with Elizabeth Warren