Highlights on 2010 from the United States Treasury Department
At the end of every year it is nice to look back on the major events and progress that has been made. The Treasury Department has had a busy year and much to be proud of, so I wanted to share some highlights from 2010. On Monday, March 29, 2010, the Department of Treasury co-hosted the Women in Finance Symposium in partnership with the White House Council on Women and Girls as part of Women's History Month.
As part of a recommendation that was made after the symposium, Secretary Geithner unveiled the Gallery of Women in Treasury along the second floor corridors on the west side of the Treasury building on October 19, 2010. A total of 21 historic photos are permanently displayed chronologically from 1874 to 1926, recognizing women who played a role in Treasury at that time. Treasury looks forward to continuing this momentum and implementing more initiatives like this at the Department.
Secretary Geithner at the dedication of the Gallery of Women in Treasury in the west corridor of the U.S. Treasury Building following a discussion with the senior women in Treasury.
Rosie Rios serves as Treasurer of the United States
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy