Our Top Stories
Your Interview with the President
12:36 PM EDT
Yesterday, President Obama participated in a live YouTube interview, taking questions from people all over the country about everything from the Dream Act to renewable energy to situation in Egypt. This year, over 142,000 questions were submitted and 1,382,000 votes were cast. Check out the video of your interview with the President. You can watch the whole thing or skip to your favorite questions using the links below.
- I just got out of the Marine Corps Infantry and now I'm unemployed. How are you going to help people like me?
- How are you going to help college graduates when there are fewer highly competitive points of entry and we are in debt?
- What programs do you plan to cut in order to reduce debt?
- How do plan on addressing social and economic disparities that exist in minority communities?
- Where are you getting money for Race to the Top, and how do schools with depleted resources compete?
- What is you favorite and least favorite part about being President?
- What was your favorite class in college?
- Who will win the Superbowl, Pittsburgh or Green Bay?
- What did you get Michelle for Valentine's Day?
- Who is your favorite mathematician and/or scientist?
- What is your favorite YouTube video, and why?
- What do you think of the Egypt government blocking social networks to prevent people from expressing their opinions?
- Is it still important for our young men and women to be dying over in Iraq and Afghanistan? How do preventative wars, causing casualties of innocent civilians, distance your foreign policy from Bush doctrine?
- What will you do different to remove us from foreign oil and move us towards renewable energy?
- Why can't our solar industries mass produce solar panels cheaper than some guy in his garage?
- Can we discuss legalization, regulation, and control of all drugs, thereby doing away from criminal markets and funding for terrorism?
- Why is the same medication that I use cost so much less in Mexico or Canada even though it is being made here in the United States?
- It is cheaper to feed kids Fruit Loops than fruit. What are you going to do to reverse that?
- Will you help to stop deportation of innocent students who qualify for the Dream Act?
- What does America need from my generation to still be great when it's time to hand it to our kids?