Joining Forces with the Colorado Rockies
The First Lady and Dr. Biden ended day 1 of their national tour to promote Joining Forces, an initiative encouraging all sectors of society to act in support of our military families, in my hometown last night - Denver, CO. They were there to join forces with the Colorado Rockies and Coors Field to support and honor Colorado's strong military family community.
Families from across the state's military installations were invited to take over Coors Field for a night, a dream for someone like me who spent her summers in the stands watching the Rockies play. Kids were running the bases, playing catch in the outfield, munching on hotdogs and peanuts.
As the First Lady told the crowd last night, Coors Field and the Rockies stepped up to create a special evening just for these families because its our duty, and our honor. I couldn't be more proud of my home team, or my hometown.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy