Council on Women and Girls Friday Highlights
Welcome to the Council on Women and Girls Weekly Highlights! This week, President Obama traveled to San Juan, Puerto Rico for the first official visit by a sitting U.S. President to the island since President Kennedy visited in 1961. The visit follows a comprehensive report of the President’s Task Force on Puerto Rico’s Status.
Additionally, the First Lady was the keynote speaker at the 40th anniversary gala for the National Partnership for Women and Families, where she spoke about the Administration’s commitment to women and children, and the Partnership’s many accomplishments.
Next week, First Lady Michelle Obama will travel to South Africa and Botswana to meet with young people from across Africa, including the Young African Women Leaders Forum.
And remember, if you have friends or family who would like to join our Council on Women and Girls efforts, please have them click here.
Monique Dorsainvil is a Staff Assistant in the Office of Public Engagement focusing on the Council on Women and Girls and LGBT Outreach
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy