As We Start Our Journey
The First Lady just arrived in South Africa and as we start this journey to meet with young African leaders we hope you will join us.
Since Mrs. Obama announced this trip we’ve heard from young people at home and abroad who are excited to learn more about their peers in Africa, and we want to share your stories with the young leaders we meet. Mrs. Obama hopes you will use this as an opportunity to build connections across the globe, to stretch your imagination, and think of ways you can impact the world around you.
We are already seeing the beginning of great conversations, and we want to continue this important dialogue. So please share your stories and questions with us on Facebook and on Twitter using the hashtag #YoungAfrica, and stay connected with the First Lady’s trip by visiting whitehouse.gov/youngafrica.
We look forward to hearing from you!
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy