Honoring Their Service with Ours
Posted byon July 01, 2011 at 03:29 PM EST
This Independence Day, you can join First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden in supporting our troops, military families, and veterans by getting involved with Joining Forces.
Here’s a few things you can do right now:
- Operation Honor Card. You can get involved right now through Operation Honor Card – an effort to encourage Americans to support our military families by participating in service projects to serve those who serve us. At HonorCards.org, you can pledge hours of community service, find service projects in your area, and track your progress.
- Send a Message of Thanks. A simple act of kindness can mean so much. Say thanks to a military family today.
- Share Your Story of Support. How are you serving our nation’s military families? Tell us your story.
- Stay Connected. There are plenty of ways to stay connected with Joining Forces. You can sign up for email updates, like Joining Forces on Facebook, or follow @JoiningForces on Twitter.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy