President Obama Drops in on Community Leaders Briefing
This summer, the White House Office of Public Engagement is hosting Community Leaders Briefings. These events, held weekly at the White House, bring together leaders and activists from communities all across the country for an opportunity to discuss common challenges and learn how the government can help them as they work to improve their neighborhoods. Last week, the participants got to hear from a speaker who happens to know a little something about community organizing: The President of the United States.
The President recalled his time working on the south side of Chicago and noted that these briefings were a means to ensure that activists, organizers, and leaders throughout the country were aware of the ways in which the government could lend a hand.
Lauren Kelly is Associate Director of the Office of Public Engagement.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy