21st Century Learning: A Digital Promise
Today, the White House and Secretary of Education Arne Duncan are announcing the launch of “Digital Promise,” a new national center created by Congress with bipartisan support to advance technologies to transform teaching and learning.
Supported by startup funds from the Department of Education, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation—and overseen by board made up of prominent leaders in education and technology—Digital Promise will work with leading researchers, entrepreneurs, and schools to identify and spur breakthrough learning technologies that deliver the best results for students, parents, and teachers.
Secretary Duncan will lead a White House event at 10:00 this morning to introduce the new initiative. Watch it live at www.whitehouse.gov/live and check out http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/15/fact-sheet-digital-promise-initiative for more information.
Rick Weiss is Communications Director at OSTP
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy