First Lady Michelle Obama Meets with Military Spouses
Last week, First Lady Michelle Obama was in Cranston, Rhode Island to meet with military spouses at the Rhode Island Army National Guard Facility.
The First Lady and Dr. Jill Biden have been traveling across the country to talk about how neighbors, communities, and the nation as whole can support our military families as part of the Joining Forces initiative. They have seen extraordinary examples of individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations stepping up to support our Nation’s military families.
One way to support the families of our troops is to hear stories about their experiences directly from military families themselves. The roundtable conversation in Rhode Island was another opportunity for the First Lady to listen to military spouses and let them know about some of the work that is being done to give them the support they deserve such as the President's challenge to the private sector to hire or train unemployed veterans and their spouses by the end of 2013.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy