Our Top Stories
White House Tweetup: American Jobs Act Bus Tour
12:19 PM EDT
Ed. Note: The deadline to apply for the White House Tweetup is 9:00 a.m. EDT on Sunday, October 16th. Sign up now at WhiteHouse.gov/tweetup.
White House Tweetups are hitting the road! On Monday, October 17th, President Obama is kicking off his three-day American Jobs Act bus tour where he’ll discuss how to create jobs and put more money in the pockets of working men and women. We're inviting our followers on twitter and facebook to sign up for their chance to attend an event in North Carolina and tweet all about it. Visit WhiteHouse.gov/tweetup to learn more and sign up today.
Be sure to follow @WhiteHouse on Twitter or like us on facebook. Then, apply for your chance to attend at WhiteHouse/tweetup. Let your followers know that you signed up for the #WHTweetup and tell us @WhiteHouse.
Past White House Tweetups have included the Republic of Korea Arrival Ceremony Tweetup, a Let's Move! Tweetup for the First Lady's garden harvest, a Tweetup Briefing with Press Secretary Jay Carney, a Twitter Town Hall with President Obama and more.
The White House uses Twitter to share breaking news, provide updates and engage with the people across the country. Join the 2.4 million @whitehouse followers, and be sure to check out our other official accounts:
- White House Live event coverage @WHLive
- First Lady Michelle Obama's Let’s Move! @letsmove and Joining Forces @joiningforces initiatives
- Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer @pfeiffer44
- Press Secretary Jay Carney @PressSec
- Director of Digital Strategy Macon Phillips @macon44
- Director of the Office of Public Engagement Jon Carson @joncarson44
- Chief Official White House Photographer and Director of the White House Photography Office Pete Souza @petesouza
- Director of Progressive Media & Online Response Jesse Lee @jesseclee44