By the Numbers: 3.2 Million
04:44 PM EDT
In 2011, American businesses created the most jobs in any year since 2005. In fact, the private sector has added nearly 3.2 million jobs in the last 22 months.
These numbers are proof that we are steadily climbing out of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. But we can’t stop now. We must continue to take steps to strengthen and grow our economy.
In his State of the Union address last night, President Obama outlined a Blueprint for an American economy built to last. He laid out a plan to create jobs in the manufacturing and clean energy industries that relies on the skills of American workers. And ee called for a return to American values: hard work, responsibility, and the same rules for everyone, from Wall Street to Main Street.
Learn more about the President’s Blueprint, or watch the Enhanced State of the Union, which provides a side-by-side display of charts, graphs and other visual representations of why the President's policies are so important for our country and our economy.
Learn more about the 2012 State of the Union Address:
- Find out how you can talk to Obama Administration officials about the President’s plan
- Watch the enhanced version of the 2012 State of the Union Address
- Read the full transcript of President Obama's 2012 State of the Union Address
- Video: Go behind the scenes as the President prepared his speech
- Photo Gallery: Scenes from the State of the Union
- Interactive Feature: Who Joined the First Lady for the Speech?