Our Top Stories
White House Office Hours: Let's Move! Anniversary with Sam Kass
10:33 AM EDT
Ed. Note: This session of Office Hours has concluded. Check out the full Q&A below or over on Storify
Today, we’re holding a special session of White House Office Hours to celebrate the second anniversary of Let’s Move!, the First Lady’s initiative to solve the problem of childhood obesity within a generation. At 2:30 p.m. EST, Sam Kass, Senior Policy Advisor for Healthy Food Initiatives, is answering your questions live on Twitter.
Join Sam for Office Hours at 2:30 p.m. on Monday, February 6th. Here's how it works:
- Ask your question on Twitter with the hashtag #WHChat
- Sam Kass, Senior Policy Advisor for Healthy Food Initiatives, responds to your questions in real-time via Twitter from @LetsMove
- Follow the Q&A through the @WHLive Twitter account
- If you miss the live event, the full session will be posted on WhiteHouse.gov and Storify.com/WhiteHouse
- We hope you can join us! Follow us on Twitter @WhiteHouse, @WHLive and @LetsMove for the latest updates and more chances to engage.
Since launching Let’s Move! on February 9, 2010, significant progress has been made to solve the problem of childhood obesity. Parents, businesses, educators, elected officials, members of the military, chefs, physicians, athletes, childcare providers, community and faith leaders and kids themselves have made substantial commitments to improve the health of our nation’s children.
Later this week, First Lady Michelle Obama is hitting the road to kick off a three day, nation-wide tour celebrating the anniversary of Let’s Move!. The Let’s Move! tour will highlight examples of people making changes across the country, from a single family to an entire state. Learn more about the accomplishments of Let’s Move! here.