Disney Launches PSA and Joins Forces to Hire 1,000 Veterans
In just the past few days, we have seen another great example of an American company stepping up to serve veterans and families as well as they have served us – The Walt Disney Company. Not just serve veterans – but benefit from the extraordinary talent that veterans bring to any company.
On Tuesday, The Walt Disney Company launched Heroes Work Here, an initiative to hire, train, and support returning veterans and their families. Through this program, Disney has committed to hiring at least 1,000 veterans over the next three years and also support these returning service members and their families during their transition into civilian life.
Backing up their efforts: a Public Service Announcement (PSA) entitled: “Heroes Work Here. Employ excellence. Hire veterans.”
Heroes Work Here benefits our military communities, but it also helps Disney, which recognizes that veterans are talented assets in the business world – and that hiring veterans is good for any company’s bottom line.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy