My First Job: Valerie Jarrett
Summer Jobs+ is a call to action for businesses, non-profits, and government to work together to provide pathways to employment for young people in the summer of 2012. It's about helping people find their first jobs.
Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President, says her first job taught her about working with people who are under enormous amounts of stress, the importance of paying attention to details and something that virtually every worker deals with each day--showing up to work on time. Check it out:
So far, employers have committed to providing more than 300,000 jobs, mentorships, and other employment opportunities this summer through Summer Jobs+.
You heard about Valerie's first job. Now go find yours.
- Watch Arne Duncan, U.S. Secretary of Education, talk about his first job
- Watch Cecilia Munoz, Director of the White House's Domestic Policy Council, talk about her first job.
- Watch Jimmy Fallon talk about his first job.
- See the list of employers and organizations participating in Summer Jobs+
- Check out a range of web and mobile apps designed to connect young people to jobs.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy