My First Job: Jon Carson
01:40 PM EDT
Summer Jobs+ is a call to action for businesses, non-profits, and government to work together to provide pathways to employment for young people in the summer of 2012. It's about helping people find their first jobs.
Today Jon Carson is the Director of the Office of Public Engagement at the White House. In the video below, he talks about his first job -- working on a farm in Wisconsin. He bailed hay, which meant spending his summer days unloading hay onto an elevator in a hot and dusty barn. His hard work paid off however, because this job is where he also earned his first raise.
So far, employers have listed more than 300,000 jobs, mentorships, and other employment opportunities this summer through Summer Jobs+.
You heard about Jon Carson's first job. Now go find yours.
- Watch Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President, talk about her first job
- Watch Cecilia Munoz, Director of the White House's Domestic Policy Council, talk about her first job.
- Watch Jimmy Fallon talk about his first job.
- See the list of participating employers and organizations
- Check out a range of web and mobile apps designed to connect young people to jobs.