Our Top Stories
My First Job: Cris Comerford
02:32 PM EDT
Summer Jobs+ is a call to action for businesses, non-profits, and government to work together to provide pathways to employment for young people in the summer of 2012. It's about helping people find their first jobs.
Today Cris Comerford is the Executive Chef at the White House. In the video below, she talks about her first job, which was also in the food industry. Chef Comerford says her days spent as a salad bar girl in Chicago were lacking in glamour, but they taught her a great deal that she still uses today in the White House Kitchen. It also taught her an appreciation for the salad bar girls who work help out during big events hosted by the President and First Lady.
So far, employers have listed more than 300,000 jobs, mentorships, and other employment opportunities this summer through Summer Jobs+.
You heard about Cris Comerford 's first job. Now go find yours.
- Watch Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President, talk about her first job
- Watch Cecilia Munoz, Director of the White House's Domestic Policy Council, talk about her first job.
- Watch Jimmy Fallon talk about his first job.
- See the list of participating employers and organizations
- Check out a range of web and mobile apps designed to connect young people to jobs.