Our Top Stories
White House Office Hours: A “To-Do List” That’ll Create Jobs and Help the Middle Class
10:43 PM EDT
Ed. Note: The event has concluded. Check out the full Q&A below or on Storify.
Over the past few weeks, President Obama has traveled around the country to talk to Americans about a set of common sense initiatives that'll create jobs and help the middle class. The President is calling on Congress to act on a to-do list that will: help more Americans save money on their mortgages; invest more in clean energy and small businesses; help more veterans find work; and make it easier for companies to bring jobs back to America.
Do you have questions about the President's plan? On Tuesday, May 22nd at 12:00 p.m. ET, we're holding a special session of White House Office Hours on Twitter to answer your questions.
Here's how you can join:
- Right now, you can ask your questions on Twitter with the hashtag #WHChat
- Follow the Q&A live through the @WHLive Twitter account
- If you miss the live Q&A, the full session will be posted on WhiteHouse.gov and Storify.com/WhiteHouse
So, what's on the to-do list? Here are the items at a glance. You can learn more and check out videos at WhiteHouse.gov/todolist
- Reward American Jobs, Eliminate Tax Incentives To Ship Jobs Overseas
- Cut Red Tape So Responsible Homeowners Can Refinance
- Invest in a New Hire Tax Credit for Small Businesses
- Create Jobs By Investing In Affordable Clean Energy
- Put Returning Veterans to Work Using Skills Developed in the Military
So, stop by for Office Hours at 12:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, May 22ndand be sure to follow @WhiteHouse on Twitter for the latest news and more opportunities to engage.