My First Job: Andy Katz
02:09 PM EST
Summer Jobs+ is a call to action for businesses, non-profits, and government to work together to provide pathways to employment for young people in the summer of 2012. It's about helping people find their first jobs.
Andy Katz, a sports reporter and analyst, got his first job at a sporting goods store, where he once sold a pair of hand weights to then-Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis. Katz said Gov. Dukakis used the weights as he walked to the state capitol in Boston.
So far, employers have listed more than 300,000 jobs, mentorships, and other employment opportunities this summer through Summer Jobs+.
You heard about Andy Katz’s first job. Now go find yours.
- Watch actor Omar Epps talk about his first job
- Watch Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President, talk about her first job
- Watch Cecilia Munoz, Director of the White House's Domestic Policy Council, talk about her first job.
- Watch Jimmy Fallon talk about his first job.
- See the list of participating employers and organizations
- Check out a range of web and mobile apps designed to connect young people to jobs.