Our Top Stories
My First Job: Nancy-Ann DeParle
02:03 PM EDT
Summer Jobs+ is a call to action for businesses, non-profits, and government to work together to provide pathways to employment for young people in the summer of 2012. It's about helping people find their first jobs.
Today Nancy-Ann DeParle is an Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff at the White House. It's a big change from her very first summer job, working as a soda jerk in a drugstore in Rockwood, TN -- although Nancy-Ann says that too was "awesome." Check it out:
So far, employers have committed to providing more than 300,000 jobs, mentorships, and other employment opportunities this summer through Summer Jobs+.
You heard about Nancy-Ann's first job. Now go find yours.
- Watch Arne Duncan, U.S. Secretary of Education, talk about his first job
- Watch Cecilia Munoz, Director of the White House's Domestic Policy Council, talk about her first job.
- Watch Jimmy Fallon talk about his first job.
- See the list of employers and organizations participating in Summer Jobs+
- Check out a range of web and mobile apps designed to connect young people to jobs.