Observing National Latino HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Today, we observe the 10th anniversary of National Latino AIDS Awareness Day. It is a day where we recognize how far we’ve come, but also how much more work there is to do fighting HIV/AIDS in the Latino community. In commemoration of today, Mayra Alvarez, Director of Public Health Policy in the Office of Health Reform at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, posted a blog discussing the sobering HIV/AIDS statistics and this Administration’s commitment to fighting HIV/AIDS in the Latino community.
To read Mayra’s post, please visit aids.gov.
James Albino is the Senior Program Manager in the Office of National AIDS Policy.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy