Our Top Stories
West Wing Week: 02/08/13 or “What’s Up, Camera Man?”
07:27 PM EST
This week, the President honored our nation's top scientists and innovators, nominated a new Secretary of the Interior, and worked toward reducing gun violence, enacting immigration reform, and reducing our deficit in a balanced way.
Friday, February 1st
- The winners of the 2011 National Medals of Science and National Medals of Technology and Innovation received their awards at the White House.
Sunday, February 3rd
- The President sat down with CBS News to discuss a range of issues currently facing our nation.
Monday, February 4th
- In Minneapolis, Minnesota, the President met with men and women who are on the front line of the fight to prevent gun violence.
Tuesday, February 5th
- The President hosted a meeting with progressive and labor leaders to discuss the ways in which immigration reform would strengthen the economy in communities across the country.
- In the Press Briefing Room, the President addressed the sequester.
- The President called up the coach of the Baltimore Ravens to congratulate them on their Superbowl victory.
- Business leaders met with the President to discuss ways in which immigration reform would benefit their businesses.
- Speechwriter Cody Keenan gave an update on the progress of next week’s address to the Joint Session of Congress.
Wednesday, February 6th
- The President announced Sally Jewell as his nomination to head up the Department of the Interior, and congratulated outgoing Secretary Ken Salazar.
Thursday, February 7th
- The President, Vice President and First Lady attended the annual Prayer Breakfast.
- The President met with his Cabinet to talk about immigration reform.
- Magic Johnson visited the White House.