West Wing Week: 03/15/13 or “Stay With It!”
12:00 AM EDT
This week, the President met with the Sultan of Brunei, his Export Council, Intel Science Fair finalists, and Israel Channel 2; he discussed cybersecurity and immigration reform with CEOs, and traveled to the Capitol to meet with Congressional Caucuses, while the First Lady honored Women of Courage, held a Twitter Q&A, and challenged CEOs to find innovative ways to hire veterans.
Friday, March 8th
- The First Lady and Secretary of State honored the recipients of the International Women of Courage Award at the State Department.
Monday, March 11th
- The First Lady held a Twitter Q & A to answer questions on her Let's Move campaign.
Tuesday, March 12th
- The President met with his Export Council.
- The forty high school students who were finalists in the 2013 Intel Science Talent Search visited the White House. West Wing Week caught up with some of the finalists to hear about their research.
- The President hosted the Sultan of Brunei in the Oval Office.
Wednesday, March 13th
- The President sat down with Israel Channel 2 for an interview.
- The President then traveled to Capitol Hill to meet with Republican and Democratic House and Senate Caucuses.
- Director of the National Economic Council Gene Sperling held an "Ask Me Anything" session on Reddit.
- The President dropped by the Situation Room for a meeting with CEOs to discuss cybersecurity, and then it was on to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building to discuss the relationship between immigration reform and business with a gathering of CEOs.
- The First Lady met with the Business Roundtable and challenged these leaders to make bold commitments to hire veterans and military spouses.
Thursday, March 14th
- The President met with his Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.
- The President returned to the Roosevelt Room to meet with Tech CEOs.
- The President ended the day with a visit with the members of the United States Senate Youth Leadership Program.