Our Top Stories
West Wing Week: 04/26/13 or “This Stuff’s Really Cool”
05:44 PM EST
This week, the Vice President traveled to Boston for a memorial for Officer Collier, and the President memorialized the victims of the West Texas explosion. The President also hosted the Amir of Qatar, the Teacher of the Year, the 3rd White House Science Fair, and visited Dallas with the First Lady for the dedication of the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
Friday, April 19th
- The President addressed the nation after the remaining suspect in the Boston Marathon Bombings was captured. His late-night statement in the James Brady Briefing Room praised the heroic efforts of law enforcement officers.
Monday, April 22nd
- On the 43rd annual Earth Day, the President hosted the 3rd White House science fair.
- West Wing Week caught up with Bill Nye the Science Guy, LeVar Burton, Sara Volz, the winner of the 2013 Intel Science Competition, who starred in the first ever White House Vine!
- At 2:50 pm, the White House observed a moment of silence in honor of the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Tuesday, April 23rd
- The President honored the 2013 Teacher of the Year finalists from each state and the national winner, Jeff Charbonneau.
- The President welcomed the Amir of Qatar to the White House.
Wednesday, April 24th
- The Vice President and Dr. Biden traveled to Cambridge, Massachusetts to attend the memorial service for slain Officer Sean Collier.
- Dr. Biden left flowers and a pair of running shoes at the Marathon Memorial Site in Copley Square in honor of the victims of last week’s bombings at the Boston Marathon.
Thursday, April 25th
- The President and First Lady joined the dedication ceremony for the George W. Bush Presidential Center in Dallas.
- They then traveled to Waco to remember the victims of last week's fertilizer plant explosion, and comfort the families of those who were lost, at a memorial service held on the campus of Baylor University.