Our Top Stories
West Wing Week: 06/14/13 or "There's an App for That"
12:00 AM EST
This week, the President hosted the new President of China at a two-day informal summit in California, spoke on the importance of supporting the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and comprehensive immigration reform, promoted a top economic advisor, and honored the LGBT community.
Friday, June 7th
- The President spoke in San Jose about the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
- Then, the President traveled to the famed Sunnylands estate to host an informal two-day summit with President Xi Jinping of China.
Monday, June 10th
- The President honored the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Equal Pay Act, by President Kennedy in 1963.
- Then, the President nominated Jason Furman to replace Alan Krueger as the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers
Tuesday, June 11th
- The President spoke about the need for Congress to pass bipartisan immigration reform.
- Then, the President hosted the President of Peru, where they discussed a range of issues, including education, the economy, and combatting drug networks.
Wednesday, June 12th
- The White House hosted a "Champions of Change" event honoring individuals working to support children of incarcerated parents and their families.
Thursday, June 13th
- The President welcomed Representative John Dingell, of Michigan, who just set the record as the longest serving member of Congress, with his 20,997 days in office.
- Then, the President hosted members and allies of the LGBT community for the fifth Pride Month celebration at the White House.