Our Top Stories
West Wing Week: 07/26/13 or "Becoming A More Perfect Union"
01:20 PM EDT
This week, the President hosted the NCAA Champion Louisville Cardinals, the President of Vietnam, pressed for the passage of comprehensive immigration reform, and laid out his vision of growing the economy from the middle class out, while traveling to Illinois, Missouri, and Florida.
Friday, July 19th
- The White House hosted a "We the Geeks" Google+ Hangout called "The Stuff Superheroes Are Made Of" featuring technologies that could have been ripped straight from a comic book.
- Then, the President delivered remarks regarding the Trayvon Martin case.
- Later the President met with student advocacy groups to thank them for their work to keep student loan interest rates low.
- At the end of the day, the President and First Lady hosted the Diplomatic Corps Reception.
Tuesday, July 23rd
- The President met with the Congressional Asian-Pacific-American Caucus to discuss the need for the House to pass commonsense immigration reform.
- Then, the President welcomed the NCAA Men's Basketball Champion Louisville Cardinals to the White House.
Wednesday, July 24th
- The President traveled to Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois to kick off a series of speeches laying out his vision for the economy.
- Then, he traveled to Warrensburg, Missouri to deliver remarks at the University of Central Missouri.
Thursday, July 25th
- The President welcomed President Sang of Vietnam into the Oval Office for a bilateral meeting.
- Then, the President toured a new container terminal in Jacksonville, Florida, and spoke at the port on the importance of supporting 21st century infrastructure projects and creating middle class jobs.