West Wing Week: 08/02/13 or "Let Us Be Awed By Their Shining Deeds"
12:00 AM EST
This week, the Vice President and Dr. Biden wrapped up a trip to India and Singapore, the President announced a bargain for middle class jobs, welcomed the Huskies and the Giants, the American Legion, Girls & Boys Nation, the President of Yemen, and civil rights leaders to the White House, and marked the 60th anniversary of the Korean War Armistice.
Friday, July 26th
- The President welcomed members of the American Legion, Girls and Boys Nations to the White House
Saturday, July 27th
- The President spoke at a ceremony to pay tribute to the 60th anniversary of the end of the Korean War.
Monday, July 29th
- The Vice President and Dr. Jill Biden returned from an eight-day trip to India and Singapore.
- Meanwhile, the President sat down with a coalition of civil rights leaders to discuss protecting the constitutionally guaranteed voting rights of every American.
- Then, the President honored the 2012 World Series Champion San Francisco Giants.
Tuesday, July 30th
- The President traveled to Chattanooga, Tennessee on a visit to an Amazon Fulfillment Center, where he announced a plan to invest in the creation of middle class jobs.
Wednesday, July 31st
- The President traveled to Capitol Hill to meet with both the House and Senate Democratic Caucuses.
- Then, the President hosted the 2013 NCAA Champion UConn Lady Huskies at the White House.
Thursday, August 1st
- The President attended the swearing-in ceremony of new EPA Administrator, Gina McCarthy.
- Then, the President held a bilateral meeting with President Hadi of Yemen.