Webinar on December 19th: Hepatitis B and Reducing Perinatal Transmission -An Overview and Discussion of New Tools
Please join the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (WHIAAPI) and Hep B United on Thursday, December 19th, from 2:30-4:00 PM EDT for a webinar on Hepatitis B and Reducing Perinatal Transmission featuring speakers from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Hep B United.
Mother to child transmission, also known as perinatal transmission, of hepatitis B is still a public health issue in the U.S. Approximately 800 newborns in the U.S. are chronically infected each year through perinatal exposure. Half of all hepatitis B-infected individuals—or 1 in 12—are from Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) populations, and the most common form of transmission is from mother to child.
Join us for this interactive session to discuss new tools and best practices toward reducing hepatitis B health disparities in AAPI communities, including potential interventions in prenatal care, information about gaps in reporting and a new resource from the Immunization Action Coalition entitled, Give Birth to the End of Hep B.
Hepatitis B and Reducing Perinatal Transmission: An Overview and Discussion of New Tools
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
2:30-4:00 pm EDT
Register at: http://bit.ly/17E5MsJ
A confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar will be sent to you after you register.
Chari Cohen, MPH, DrPH(c), Director of Public Health, Hepatitis B Foundation
- A. Seiji Hayashi, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer, Bureau of Primary Health Care, Health Resources and Services Administration, HHS
- Trudy Murphy, MD, Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC
- Su Wang, MD, MPH, former Assistant Director of Medical Affairs, Charles B. Wang Community Health Center; Medical Director, Center for Asian Health Chinese Health Initiative: Medical Care for the Chinese Community, Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Deborah Wexler, MD, Executive Director, Immunization Action Coalition
Note: This call is off the record and not for press purposes.
Juliet Bui is a Policy Advisor on Health with the White House Initiative on AAPIs.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy