WHIAAPI Webinar: Recognizing and Addressing the Needs of AAPIs with Disabilities
On Thursday, December 12, from 3:00-4:00 PM ET, please join us for a conference call and webinar on Recognizing and Addressing the Needs of AAPIs with Disabilities with the Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Community Living (ACL) and Asians and Pacific Islanders with Disabilities of California (APIDC).
Due to unique challenges, including service and cultural barriers such as stigma, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) with disabilities are likely to be underserved. Therefore, efforts to address the needs of AAPIs with disabilities and their families require a culturally focused approach.
Join Daphne Kwok, Chair of the President’s Advisory Commission on AAPIs; Sharon Lewis, Acting Principal Deputy Administrator of ACL, Department of Health and Human Services; and Jean Lin, Outreach Coordinator for APIDC, in an interactive session to discuss issues facing AAPIs with disabilities and resources for addressing the needs of AAPIs with disabilities and their families.
If you would like to participate, please find the log-in information below:
Conference Call-in number: 888-989-4712
Participant Passcode: 36448
Web Chat / Webinar Information:
1. Click Here
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: welcome
4. Click "Join".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Note: This call is off the record and not for press purposes.
Juliet Bui is a Policy Advisor on Health for the White House Initiative on AAPIs.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy