Top Five Ways to Honor Our Military Communities this Holiday Season
1. Volunteer in your local community
Volunteering in your local community in honor of our military service members, veterans and their families is a great way to show your support and appreciation. There are many ways to get involved in your local community; you can volunteer with a local organization or start a volunteer project.
2. Pledge hours of community service for Blue Star Families
Take a moment to pledge hours of community service for Blue Star Families in honor of our military communities.
3. Lay a wreath to honor the fallen
Pay respect and honor to those who fought to protect our freedoms by laying a wreath on the tomb of a fallen soldier.
4. Send a message of thanks
As we gather with our loved ones, take a moment to our military service members, veterans and their families are appreciated by sending a message of thanks through the USO.
5. A simple thank you
When you see a veteran or any military personnel, shake their hand and simply say "thank you." If you know a military family, pick up the phone to let them know they are appreciated. This simple act of kindness will brighten up their day and make them feel appreciated.
Col. Rich Morales is Executive Director of Joining Forces
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy