Veteran Paralympians Honored at Best of U.S. Awards, White House
Ed. note: This is cross-posted on Department of Veteran's Affairs VAntage Point blog. See the original post here.
Eighteen Veterans and active duty Servicemembers participated in the recent Winter Paralympics in Sochi, Russia on Team USA. Those distinguishing themselves received awards at the Warner Theater in Washington, D.C., this week at the Best of U.S. Awards.
The following day, all of the athletes from the U.S. Paralympic and Olympic teams were invited to the White House. VA News was able to talk to several of the Veteran athletes about their Paralympic experience and the challenges they’ve overcome as disabled Veterans.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy