Our Top Stories
West Wing Week 4/11/14 or, “Love Never Ends”
12:00 PM EDT
This week, the President honored Equal Pay Day and signed two executive orders to support efforts to level the playing field for women, pushed for better access to skills-based high school training, hosted the Prime Minister of Tunisia, and traveled with the First Lady to the memorial at Fort Hood and then to Austin, to honor the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act.
Friday, April 4th
- The President held a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Mehdi Jomaa of Tunisia in the Oval Office.
Monday, February 7th
- The President toured a classroom at Bladensburg High School and spoke on the importance of investing in education.
- Then, the President met with leaders from the VFW and Presidential Ambassadors for Global Entrepreneurship.
- Later, the President and Vice President spoke at the swearing in of Maria Contreras-Sweet as new Administrator of the SBA.
Tuesday, February 8th
- The President signed two executive orders to ensure equal pay in efforts to address gender pay gaps.
Wednesday, February 9th
- The President and First Lady traveled to Fort Hood for a memorial ceremony to honor those lost in last weeks shooting.
Thursday, February 10th
- The President and First Lady traveled to Austin, Texas to attend a civil rights summit at the LBJ Presidential Library in commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights Act.