Our Top Stories
West Wing Week 05/02/14 or, "Old Seoul"
02:30 PM EDT
This week the President wrapped up a four country trip to Asia before honoring the Teachers of the Year and speaking on the minimum wage, and the VP announced a series of actions to help address sexual assault.
Friday, April 25th
- On Friday, the President visited US Embassy workers in Tokyo.
- Later, the President visited with the Emperor and Empress of Japan.
- Following that, the President travelled to Seoul, Korea where he visited the National War Memorial.
- The President then toured Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Finally, President Obama was received at the Blue House by President Park, where there was a reception and a working dinner.
Saturday, April 26th
- On Saturday, the President addressed troops, embassy personnel and their families at the Yongsan US Army Garrison in Seoul.
- Then, the President traveled to Malaysia where he was received in Kuala Lumpur by the Prime Minister in Parliament Square.
- The President later attended a state dinner at Istana Negara palace.
Sunday, April 27th
- On Sunday, the President visited the National Mosque of Malaysia.
- President Obama then hosted a press conference with the Prime Minister.
- Later, President Obama toured the Malaysian global innovation and creativity center.
- Following that, the president attended a town hall meeting with young leaders from across Southeast Asia
Monday, April 28th
- On Monday, the President attended signings to support U.S. Exports and investment in America.
- Then, the President traveled to the Philippines where he was greeted at Malacanang Palace.
- Later, the President spoke at a Press conference with Filipino President Aquino and attended a state dinner.
Tuesday, April 29th
- On Tuesday, the President viewed the COMET transport, a US made electronic vehicle that will be creating cleaner air in the Philippines and jobs in America.
- Then, the President spoke to both US and Filipino troops at Fort Bonifacio and visited the Manila American Cemetery.
- The Vice President hosted an event in South Court Auditorium at the White House, releasing the first report of the White House Task Force to Protect Students From Sexual Assault.
Wednesday, April 30th
- On Wednesday, the President hosted an event highlighting the need to raise the minimum wage to $10.10.
Thursday, May 1st
- On Thursday, the President honored the 2014 National Teacher of the Year and the accompanying finalists.