Tune in Tomorrow: AAPI Heritage Month Opening Ceremony
Tomorrow, May 6, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EDT, the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) and the U.S. Department of the Interior will host an Opening Ceremony to celebrate AAPI Heritage Month.
The event will highlight the many contributions AAPIs have made to the arts, science, government, military, commerce, and education in the United States, and will feature performances, special guests and speakers, the ceremonial swearing-in of the President’s Advisory Commission on AAPIs, and remarks by Vice President Joe Biden. Click here for a schedule.
To watch the event, tune in to the live stream from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EDT at www.doi.gov/live.
Gautam Raghavan is an Advisor in the White House Office of Public Engagement.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy