Our Top Stories
West Wing Week 6/27/14 or, "POTUS Replies"
10:43 AM EDT
Welcome to the West Wing Week, your guide to everything that's happening at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, and beyond. This week takes us south of the border with the Vice President, to our nation's capital for the first-ever White House Summit on Working Families, and along for the ride as a woman who wrote the President gets a reply... in person.
Friday, June 20th
- President Obama started the week by opening the Oval Office doors to Prime Minister John Key of New Zealand. The two leaders reaffirmed the longstanding friendship and common values shared between both nations.
- The President sat down with journalists from major network morning shows to discuss the situation in Iraq, as well as equal pay and other issues facing working American families.
Monday, June 23rd
- The President stopped by a local Chipotle restaurant for lunch, then delivered remarks at the White House Summit on Working Families where he announced a set of concrete steps that will create more opportunities for hardworking families to get ahead.
Tuesday, June 24th
- The President honored the 2013 President’s Cup Golf Team at the White House.
Wednesday, June 25th
- The President honored six-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson and his Hendrick Motorsports team for winning the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup.
- That evening, the President addressed the League of Conservation Voters, one year to the date since he announced his Climate Action Plan.
Thursday, June 26th
- The President went to Minneapolis to visit Rebekah Erler, a young mom who wrote a letter to President Obama about the challenges middle-class families are facing in America.