Retrofitting and the Middle Class
With the leaves changing color, the air crisper, and the days shorter – fall is fully upon us (well, depending on where you live) - and many Americans are putting the heat back on in their homes. In that spirit, the Vice President is holding a Middle Class Task Force event at the White House on Monday morning to unveil our "Recovery through Retrofit" report.
The report offers a plan that builds on the Recovery Act’s unprecedented investments in energy efficiency to make it easier and more effective for middle class families to retrofit their homes – helping them save money and creating jobs, while reducing carbon emissions. It’s a plan agreed to by 11 different agencies and departments – which means the federal government will lead a coordinated effort to make American homes more energy efficient.
So, be sure to check back in with us Monday to read the report and watch the event at WhiteHouse.gov/live.
Terrell McSweeny is Domestic Policy Advisor to the Vice President.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy