Streaming at 11:15: Secretary Clinton on Humanitarian aid to Pakistan
10:47 AM EST
- $20 million from the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance to provide family relief kits, tents, FM radios, and generators that will provide light and water.
- $26 million for the immediate purchase of wheat, other food, and related items from local sources.
- $17 million from Food for Progress for 50,000 tons of wheat arriving in May and June.
- $10 million to respond to forthcoming emergency appeals by the United Nations.
- $15 million for shipments of food items such as lentils, dried peas, and other basic foodstuffs.
- $12 million for an emergency response center for direct humanitarian needs.
- $10 million to be used water trucks, halal food, and large tents with environmental units, such as air conditioning, for hot weather.