Your Weekly Address
President Barack Obama intends to publish a weekly video address every Saturday morning of his presidency.
President Barack Obama tapes the Weekly Address in the Map Room of the White House, July 25, 2014. (Official White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy)
In this week’s address, the President continued his call for our nation to rally around an economic patriotism that says rather than protecting wasteful tax loopholes for a few at the top, we should be investing in things like education and job training that grow the economy for everybody.
The President highlighted the need to close one of the most unfair tax loopholes that allows companies to avoid paying taxes here at home by shifting their residence for tax purposes out of the country. The President has put forth a budget that does just that, and he has called for business tax reform that makes investment in the United States attractive, and creates incentives for companies to invest and create jobs here at home. And while he will continue to make the case for tax reform, the President is calling on Congress to take action and close this loophole now.
All Weekly Addresses
- January 15, 2011 6:30 AM EDT
- January 08, 2011 6:30 AM EDT
- January 01, 2011 6:30 AM EDT
- December 25, 2010 6:30 AM EDT
- December 18, 2010 7:00 AM EDT
- December 11, 2010 7:00 AM EDT
- December 04, 2010 7:00 AM EDT
- November 25, 2010 7:00 AM EDT
- November 20, 2010 7:00 AM EDT
- November 19, 2010 4:27 PM EDT