Your Weekly Address
President Barack Obama intends to publish a weekly video address every Saturday morning of his presidency.
President Barack Obama tapes the Weekly Address in the Roosevelt Room of the White House. October 17, 2014. (Official White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy)
In this week’s address, the President discussed what the United States is doing to respond to Ebola, both here at home and abroad, and the key facts Americans need to know. There is no country better prepared to confront the challenge Ebola poses than the U.S. and although even one case here at home is too many, the country is not facing an outbreak of the disease. Our medical professionals tell us Ebola is difficult to catch, and is only transmitted through direct contact with the bodily fluids of someone who is showing symptoms.
The President made clear that he and his entire Administration will continue to do everything possible to prevent further transmission of the disease domestically, and to contain and end the Ebola epidemic at its source in West Africa.
All Weekly Addresses
- January 29, 2011 6:30 AM EDT
- January 22, 2011 6:30 AM EDT
- January 15, 2011 6:30 AM EDT
- January 08, 2011 6:30 AM EDT
- January 01, 2011 6:30 AM EDT
- December 25, 2010 6:30 AM EDT
- December 18, 2010 7:00 AM EDT
- December 11, 2010 7:00 AM EDT
- December 04, 2010 7:00 AM EDT
- November 25, 2010 7:00 AM EDT