Your Weekly Address
President Barack Obama intends to publish a weekly video address every Saturday morning of his presidency.
President Barack Obama tapes the Weekly Address in the Library of the White House, Feb. 27, 2015. (Official White House Photo by Amanda Lucidon)
In this week’s address, the President reiterated his commitment to middle-class economics, and to ensuring that all hardworking Americans get the secure and dignified retirement they deserve.
While most financial advisers prioritize their clients’ futures, there are some who direct their clients towards bad investments in return for back-door payments and hidden fees. That’s why, earlier this week, the President announced that he is calling on the Department of Labor to update rules to protect families from conflicts of interest by requiring financial advisers to put their clients’ best interest before their own profits.
The President emphasized his promise to keep fighting for this policy and for others that benefit millions of working and middle-class Americans.
All Weekly Addresses
- October 04, 2014 5:00 AM EST
- September 27, 2014 5:00 AM EST
- September 20, 2014 5:00 AM EST
- September 13, 2014 5:00 AM EST
- September 06, 2014 5:00 AM EST
- August 30, 2014 5:00 AM EST
- August 23, 2014 5:00 AM EST
- August 16, 2014 5:00 AM EST
- August 09, 2014 5:00 AM EST
- August 02, 2014 5:00 AM EST