Your Weekly Address
President Barack Obama intends to publish a weekly video address every Saturday morning of his presidency.
President Barack Obama tapes the Weekly Address in the State Dining Room of the White House. September 12, 2014. (Official White House Photo by Lawrence Jackson)
In this week’s address, the President reiterated his comprehensive and sustained counter-terrorism strategy to degrade and ultimately destroy the terrorist group ISIL.
His plan brings together a campaign of targeted airstrikes, increased support for Iraqi and Kurdish forces already taking on terrorists, assistance from allies and partners, expanded efforts to train and equip the Syrian opposition, and ongoing humanitarian aid for those displaced by ISIL. The President expressed his immense appreciation for the military men and women who make these efforts possible, and reminded the world that America continues to lead and stand strong against terror.
All Weekly Addresses
- April 19, 2014 5:48 AM EDT
- April 12, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
- April 05, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
- March 29, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
- March 22, 2014 5:55 AM EDT
- March 15, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
- March 08, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
- March 01, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
- February 22, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
- February 15, 2014 6:45 AM EDT